We’re looking for the Best Teen Band in New England!
Enter now for your chance to battle for the title of “Best Teen Band in New England”and win tons of awesome prizes including:
- A day of world-class studio recording time
- A band profile in one of NH’s largest newspapers
- A 30-minute, main-stage slot on Saturday or Sunday at the 2014 Rock’n Ribfest
- A professional group photo shoot
- A month of music career and publicity coaching from industry experts
- Other prizes!
HOW TO ENTER
Fill out the official application, and make sure it’s completed and submitted by May 2nd, 2014, with your audition video.
The Rock N’ Ribfest New England Teen Battle of the Bands is the region’s premier teen band competition! The battle is open to any teenage bands based in New England. Bands will take part in three rounds:
ROUND 1 – PRELIMS
A team of industry-expert judges will select the top groups amongst those who submitted applications, based on the video auditions submitted. Bands will be notified by who is moving on by May 9th.
ROUND 2 - SEMI-FINALS
Band audition videos will be posted on the official Rock N’ Ribfest Facebook page, and the selected bands will compete in a two-week social-media battle, competing to engage their friends, family, and fans through Facebook. The Top 8 bands with the most “Likes” on their video by 11:59PM on Friday, May 23rd, will be invited to compete in the live finals on Friday, June 13th, 2014.
ROUND 3 – FINALS
The Rock N’ Ribfest New England Teen Battle of the Bands finals will happen live, Friday, June 13th 2014 beginning at 4PM on the Rock N’ Ribfest main stage. Nashua West Rotary’s 13th Annual Ribfest is a family-friendly event held at the Anheuser Busch facility in Merrimack, NH. All bands submitting an application are committing to attend Ribfest if they are invited to participate.
Bands entering the finals will be required to play three songs at Ribfest in the following order: 1. Cover song 2. Original song 3. Cover song.
The top band, determined by a panel of expert judges, will be named the “Best Teen Band in New England,” and win a selection of prizes, including day of world-class studio recording time, a band profile in one of NH’s largest newspapers, a main-stage slot on at the 2014 Rock’n Ribfest, a professional group photo shoot, and a month of music career, marketing, and publicity coaching!
More information about Ribfest is available at www.RibfestNH.com. Please call Jeff at (603) 305-7079 with any questions.
- There is no charge to participate in the Battle of the Bands. Band members listed on the application will also receive free admission to Ribfest. Fans of the band will be required to purchase an entry ticket (discounted online tickets will be available up to a week before the event).
- All bands submitting applications must be based in New England, and have no member older than 19 years of age.
- Ribfest is a family-friendly event. No bands will be allowed to perform wearing any clothing or items that refer to alcohol or other drugs or themes considered inappropriate for this event.
- Bands are expected to be at the Anheuser Busch facility by 3:00pm on Friday, June 13th in order to bring equipment through the gate before the event opens. More information will be provided to bands that are selected after the audition process.
- A professional sound company will be providing all mics and sound mixing during your performance. If you have specific questions or needs, please contact us once you have been selected to perform at the Battle of the Bands.
- All band members must report to the designated area when it’s time to perform. If the band is incomplete, it will be disqualified.
- In order to feature as many bands as possible, equipment changes between bands must flow smoothly. Please be prepared so that we can stay on schedule!
- Any use of substances will not be tolerated. If any band member is suspected to be under the influence of alcohol or other drugs, the band will be disqualified.
- All bags will be searched at the entrance gate. No outside food or beverages will be allowed. Please plan accordingly!
Thank you for your interest! Please call Jeff at (603) 305-7079 with any questions.